Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How long can I wait for you?


You know how it goes. You're at a party and you meet someone wonderful, only to find out an hour into the conversation that he/she is already dating someone. You exchange business cards, and promise to send information about a potential job lead. Really, you're hoping to be too charming for your new crush to resist a lunch date.

How long is too long to wait? Have you ever waited for someone to become available? And if they do, does the resulting exchange live up to your expectations?

Piece above: He Wears His Heart on His Sweater. Embroidery on fabric. 2008. Prototypes of men I have dated, avoided dating, and loved.

The man's sweater says (excerpted), "It feels as though our time has come, but waiting has worn you down. What do I have to do for you to feel secure? I want us to happen. What do you mean I took too long to make up my mind? Hon, our time is now."

No comments:

Post a Comment