Monday, May 14, 2012

Before I Met You



















I was talking to a friend last night at my favorite local bar. She just returned from a trip to Berlin, during which she wiped away the cobwebs from a recent breakup.


Before her trip, we had joked about the embroideries I should make. I was on deadline to deliver work, and needed to make some post-its quickly. She came up with the idea of a black square, and the concept of emptiness. I'm not sure who came up with the text, but I think it was a collaborative effort.


She told me that while on her trip, she kept imagining the embroidery, and couldn't wait to give it to someone, her future love. I went home last night after our conversation and embroidered my version of what I think she was imagining. 


"Life before I met you" (was a black hole).

No comments:

Post a Comment