Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Inspiring Gifts

For the past five days, I've had the privilege of attending Artist Summer Institute, a business/career boot camp for professional artists. LMCC and Creative Capital co-sponsored this event. 

I can't even begin to express my gratitude for all of the information, perspective, advice, warmth, and sense of community we shared over five days. LMCC and Creative Capital assembled an incredible group of visual artists, dancers, choreographers, writers, musicians, performers, multidisciplinary artists. I learned so much!

Did I mention ASI took place on Governor's Island? If you haven't been there, the Island is an idyllic hamlet, and a 7-minute ferry ride away from Manhattan.

To add to my excitement, I returned home last night to find a package from my dear friend, Andrew Thornton. When I opened the box, I found a pile of beautiful, antique linens.

Wow! The possibilities for this stash of fabric are endless!

Andrew, you are so thoughtful and caring and I appreciate the support for my work. 


2 comments:

  1. my friend did this and i cannot wait to hear how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ASI sounds intriguing. Wish I could have attended. It's good to hear that it went well and that you learned a lot.

    Oh, I am happy to pass along the vintage and antique linens. A blog reader and friend of mine heard that I used textiles occasionally in my work and sent a treasure trove over. I scanned some in, but I thought that you'd get better use of them. You are a supreme talent and I so much enjoy your work!

    ReplyDelete