Monday, October 6, 2014

Embroidering to Scale

In the works right now is a project I'm really excited about! 

I'm embroidering tweets from my @EmbroideryPoems handle onto an outline of my body on fabric. This will eventually become my first, full-scale, life-sized sculpture. 

Rather than completely cover my "twin's" body with my own tweets (which, as we know, can get kinda personal), I will carry my twin with me as I navigate the NYC art scene and more intimate social gatherings. Interactions with the sculpture will appear on the sculpture in embroidered form. 

I'm hoping for lots of usies (selfies with you+me+sculpture) on Instagram and Facebook, and resulting online commentary, which I will also embroider on the sculpture. 

The feedback loop of in-person interaction to online communication will come full circle. The two will fuse. My sculpture "twin" will physically embody my/her online life.

My latest interface for interactive performance art, crafting and storytelling!





No comments:

Post a Comment