Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cats and Dogs on the streets of New York City

I was walking in Chelsea last Thursday night on my way to an art opening when I overheard a man say to a woman, "That's because you don't know how to have fun. All the dogs you like are really boring and may as well be cats."

If she replied, I didn't hear her.

She did NOT say "meow, meow," although I wish she had...

Can you imagine breaking up with someone because you disagreed over the type of pet you wanted? I am sure it happens.

In this case, I do not think the man and woman were a couple, yet the slice of conversation I overheard was so funny. It was fraught with the kind of tension you can only share with someone you know very well.

1 comment:

  1. Funny how you can overhear a bit of a conversation and totally imagine what the conversation may have been about and what YOU would say in response.

    perhaps it was a metaphyical statement....

    ReplyDelete