Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day one at the Dumbo Arts Festival



Today was a blast - sharing my work from the Brooklyn Love Exchange with visitors to the Dumbo Arts Festival. I collected a fair number of love stories from current and former Brooklynites. I'm posting some photos from the event.



My heart goes out to one man who told me, "We started in Fort Greene and moved in together in Crown Heights. I wish her visa hadn't expired." I really hope it works out for this couple, now separated geographically. I am adding these sentences to my love map.

Thanks to the sponsors of the Dumbo Arts Festival for including my project, and to the Greater New York Arts Development Fund of the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, administered by the Brooklyn Arts Council, the organizations responsible for helping support my Brooklyn Love Exchange project.


No comments:

Post a Comment